Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Oyster Shed

This weekend has been full of birthday celebrations and now I'm back in Bournemouth reality has hit again! James turned 21 on Saturday but he stretched the celebrations to THREE days, greedy.

On Thursday his birthday present from me was a meal at the Oyster Shed, it had been a recommendation on Emerald Street (I told you it was good!) and was perfectly situated with a view of the Shard.

The food was so yummy, a really busy but relaxed place, reasonably priced for the centre of London and the portions were huge!

When we got there it was full of after work drinkers but your food is served on the observation deck. It's a lively place with music and everyone enjoying themselves.



{Downstairs bar and Observatory deck}


{It's situated underneath a very posh Japanese bank}


{Cute fishing decorations}


{This is where we sat!}

So, you want to know what we had to eat right? We started with a couple of glasses of yummy Prosecco to celebrate. The had a sharing board to start with smoked salmon, spiced prawns, mackerel and fish goujons. (Sorry about the terrible photography, my camera doesn't like darkness which isn't very useful!)




We also had these delicious Oysters (you kinda have to have them while you're in an oyster restaurant) I thought I hated oysters from the last time I tried them but these were so nice! It came with a spiced relish and lemons too!




Then for main James decided to go for the hugest steak and I the very tall burger with all the trimmings, unfortunately most was devoured before I could take a picture. We were so full after we could barely finish. 



A lovely place for a relaxed atmosphere but with great food and a little bit of decadence, my purse strings feel very empty now though!

The rest of the weekend was a blur of Pimms, curry, WAY too much wine and a cute picnic with cocktails in teapots at the Wills' house. A very good weekend all round, how was everyone elses?

No comments:

Post a Comment