Friday 9 March 2012

Easy Peasy Shortbread

This is the last weekend before the dreaded dissertation deadline (and for me my documentary hand in too!) so I thought I'd make some amazing shortbread to keep me going this weekend.

Its possibly the easiest thing to make, pretty much everyone has the ingredients lying about and if I have time I usually try to make a batch at the start of the week to keep my cravings during the week at least slightly subdued.

This is based on a Sam Stern recipe but changed slightly

You will need:

175g plain flour
70g caster sugar
110g soft butter
Few drops of vanilla extract

You need to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan oven and give your cake tin a good buttering. I usually save the foil bits from butter spread and use that to just save a bit of time (kitchen paper always leaves messy bits)


2. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and start rubbing the ingredients together. Stick this on to keep you entertained:




3. Once you've got all the ingredients into breadcrumbs pour the crumbles into your tin and push down into the sides so its all equal.


4. Now its time to decorate, I usually stick to the old school fork marks round the sides and little forks pricks, score the lines of where you'd like to cut the slices lightly.



5. Stick it in the oven for about 10 mins or until its nice and golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, cut the slices along the scores you made earlier and take out of the tin to cool down.



6. Sprinkle on some caster sugar and enjoy with a yummy coffee! Enjoy!!


Hopefully I'll make it through this weekend now I have these bad boys! Have a fab weekend, see you on Monday!

1 comment: