Thursday 9 August 2012

New York Day 3 and 4

Day 3:


Today was a Sunday so we had a bit of a lazy morning with a delicious bagel, they're so huge here! We decided to get the subway over to Soho for a wander, my God its complicated and BOILING down there! I couldn't get out of there soon enough and I don't know how commuters do it on busy mornings.

Once we got there we found a lovely villagey feel to Soho, I really liked it and the streets looked so lovely to live in. We went to the Apple store where I got my new Urbanears headphones, they're so cool I'm absolutely in love with them, I can't hear anything else when I've got the music on though! 

Then we had a wander and went into a few shops until we got to the Meatpacking District which is so nice. We went into Anthropologie and we bought these cute 5 year journals which ask you a different question for everyday in the year and you answer them for 5 years to see how much you and your thoughts have changed, its such a lovely idea I can't wait to start filling it.

We went through Chelsea Market which was lovely and walked along a walkway through the area. We stopped off for lunch at the New York Burger Co. Which is kind of a fast food place with posh burgers, it was delicious and I had two mini burgers to try the different toppings on offer, I was absolutely stuffed afterwards!




Once it got to late afternoon we got the Subway back to Central Park for a little bike ride. It was such a lovely thing to do and I think the park is definitely my favourite part of New York. Mum struggled up the hills and left very hot and sweaty, it was pretty funny but she got annoyed at me laughing at her!

When it got to dinner time we went straight back to the diner from last night, I was so stuffed still but managed a shrimp and scallop linguine which was amazing, the scallops were so big and juicy I swear they're always better in America. Then we all shared a Choc Fudge Sundae for dessert which was so naughty and I would never manage one for myself!

Another busy day but I feel we saw more of the locals' New York. Oh and we went past Carrie's apartment in SATC and it looks so lonely and small in real life, very strange that people were taking pictures of some steps up to an apt!

Day 4:

Last day so we decided to get the tram to Roosevelt Island to get a good skyline view of NY. Its a really boring and strange island but perfect for families, was odd to see something like that 2 minutes away from one of the busiest cities in the world!


{Lucy looking beautiful}

Then we wandered along Lexington, went to Bloomingdales and a cookery shop where we found the Bagel cutter we'd wanted for so long! If you don't know what it is just watch one episode of the OC and it is sure to be in the kitchen scenes.

We went along 5th avenue again and went into a few shops but its been so muggy today that it was almost unbearable to be outside. We had lunch at a restaurant called Rosie O'Gradys on 53rd at 7th Avenue where I had a HUGE burger and the crispiest chips, I really struggled to even get the burger in my mouth!

Then we got picked up from the hotel to the airport, we've ended up at the airport 2 hours early before even check in so we have 4 hours to kill at JFK before our long flight home! I really loved NYC and I think I want to make it my mission to find a job here for at least a year or something, the experience would be amazing I think! 

Here are a few random snaps from the holiday:


{So darn American}


{Most amazing toy Shop called FAO Schwarz, there was a huge piano you could run along but thought better of going on it and being the ginat net to small kids playing!}


{Little version of Ron}


{In the Quidditch Supplies Stand}


{The Sorting Hat, Lucy was a Hufflepuff, I was of course a Griffindor}


{Horse racing badges along the Ralph Lauren walls}


{TAXI!}

No comments:

Post a Comment