Thursday, 10 January 2013

Val Thorens 2012 Part 1





Before Christmas I went skiing to Val Thorens with the girls and I can honestly say that I have never laughed as much as I did that week. It was the best holiday I could have asked for and I thought I'd share it with you!


The theme for the coach was hunters so we decided to don our Equestrian wear and tweed to dress as fox hunters. My hobby horse was a save from the Disney bin, she's called Princess Misty and a great showjumper.

After another horrendous 24 hour coach journey with a very funny mountain boogie and a 'Can Ted fit in the luggage shelf?' challenge, we got to our cute little hotel ready for a night out. My first skiing trip was to Val Thorens, where I was lucky enough to meet the girls, so returning to where it all began was amazing if a little emotional.


The best club in my opinion in VT is Malaysia. It's a tiny little shack which looks like nothing, then you walk down a flight of stairs to the biggest club in the alps with flaming sambucas, bars on fire and incredible music.



The theme for this night was Snowriders merch so we let our hair down and got our boogie on.




The first day of skiing was slow and shaky but absolutely hilarious, here is my first spectacular fall. The snow at Christmas is so good for beginners as the powder helps you to slow down, I wish I knew!



After a good 2 hours of skiing we were ready for another night out with a theme of anything but clothes. We went for the usual outfit for this theme of a suit bag.



We're beautiful people, I'm sure you can agree.

After more skiing the third theme was Ski A+E, this was one of the favourite nights simply because of the amount of dancing that got done on this night. I led a conga, drank too many tequilas and danced so much that I broke the arm off of Mr Ted.



Ben was particularly sad about Mr Ted's arm injury



The next post I'll show you the best part about Val Thorens...the apres ski! Expect a lot of boot stomping and champagne showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment